Friday, September 09, 2011

Lady Gaga + Warren Buffett = Tips for Business Artists

She is hanging from a chandelier, covered in stage blood, dressed in. . . what is that?

Welcome to my brain when I first saw Lady Gaga perform on an awards show several years ago. I looked over at my wife, who's also a business artist like myself, and noticed her jaw in a similarly dropped state.

Warren Buffett. Ever heard of him? Well, apparently he's a big-wig businessman, although he doesn't consider himself one. "I am not a businessman. I am an artist," Buffett once confessed. A wealthy artist at that: he's worth over $47 billion according to Forbes. Some say his net worth is over $60 billion. That's a lot or 'illions' either way.

We may not all be aiming to net illions with an 'm' or a 'b,' but I think we can all agree that creativity must thrive and breathe in everything we do. That said, here's some tips brought about by inspirations of Gaga and Buffett, the unlikely dynamic duo.

Tips for Business Artists:
    • Be passionate and sell what you're selling unapologeticly. Whether products, services, or consultative information. 
    • Be confident and convey your love for what you do. Your prospect will only buy it if you do first. 
    • Grab attention and don't let up.
    • No limits. Pandora's box what? There is no box. Let 'er fly kiddo.
    • Keep creating, reinventing, and work. I could rant on this, but I already did: creativity might be painful work. That's why it's called 'work.' Get to work, and then don't stop. Ever. 
    • Don't be afraid of what people think of your beliefs.
    Now go. Do. Create. Enjoy. Share.





        0 comments: